India playing Japrit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj/Mohammed Shami and the rest will be shocking. How India to challenge Australia as KL Rahul replaces Rohit Sharma as captain for the first 2 ODIs. Virat Kohli will be playing in the last ODI. Ishan Kishan would open the innings along with Shubman Gill to begin with. The middle-order batters, Ravindra Jadeja and Suryakumar Yadav will be tested again as India to challenge Australia.
Having a good confidence in the bag by winning the Asia Cup, Rohit Sharma decided to rest himself. He played not many or almost a minimum number of matches since a longtime. This time again he would miss 2 ODIs according to chief selector Ajit Agarkar. Washington Sundar will be in, in place of the injured Axar Patel. India seldom looks at Kuldeep Yadav as the match winning bowler because he would be rested again.
Mohammed Siraj and Jasprit Bumrah not rested. Hardik Pandya would be the third pacer. So, no room again for Shami and Siraj to play together along with Bumrah, but for the first 2 ODIs if for some reason. The threat begins from here if Washington Sundar given a chance to play instead of Shami. Also, Hardik Pandya is rested for the first 2 ODIs.
The team India to challenge Australia surprisingly picks Tilak Verma yet again. He would definitely play in the ODIs after a very good performance in the T20Is. One match failure would not decide whether Tilak would be dropped as a brave decision. However, team India is looking for quick run-makers rather than run-machines. Shreyas Iyer is keen to play at his potential, but Australia too have similar batters like him.
The Team India to Challenge Australia
1-Ishan, 2-Shumban, 3-Ruturaj, 4-SKY, 5-Tilak, 6-Ashwin, 7-Jadeja, 8-Washington Sundar, captain KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer and the rest. The rest are 11-Shami, 12-Siraj, 13-Bumrah, 14-Prasidh Krishna, 15-Shardul Thakur. This way, playing few in the first 2 ODIs and playing few in the last ODI in the 3 match ODI series would be shocking to know India to challenge Australia. But a decision is made and is a good squad other than bringing in Ashwin.
Ashwin will be disappointed with his own bowlling and batting if he won’t pick wickets because he’s in the playing 11 after a longtime. It makes sense to play Ashwin if he’s in the 15 member squad. The threat begins from here if Washington Sundar given a chance to play instead of Shami. Also, Hardik Pandya is rested for the first 2 ODIs.
India’s top performing batters like Shubman Gill, KL Rahul, and Shreyas Iyer in comparison to Australia’s top order, equally matched. Australia’s top performing batters are Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, and Marnus Labuschagne. Bowlers are also equally matched in both sides, but the issue is of allrounders. Australia have a fair 60% chance of winning while India to challenge Australia, stands at 40%.
Meanwhile, Pakistan have to thank Australia too for losing to South Africa. However, Pakistan fans are delighted over and again to show some optimism. A week earlier, Pakistan was in number 1 position in the ICC rankings. But after losing couple of crucial Asia Cup ODIs, Pakistan slipped to number 2, behind Australia.
The Pakistani fans should thank India, isn’t necessary an argument. Currently, Pakistan ranks number 1, India at number 2 and then followed by Australia and other teams.
India lost a dead ODI to Bangladesh in the Asia Cup 2023. Bangladesh was so much delighted after winning the match against India. Why not? They defeated a very good side. But the battle of cricket fans across the border continues.
Currently, Pakistan ranks number 1, India at number 2 and then followed by the rest. Experts say ICC rankings doesn’t matter as long as ICC Trophies like World Cups or WTCs’ ( Test Championships) victories make difference. A champion team always looks to win big or small matches because winning is a habit for them. However, the number of defeats and wins of any cricket team would surely calculated and presented.
This would keep teams under pressure since number of wins go on decreasing and number of defeats go on piling up. However, India to challenge Australia would be exciting if not shocking to go in the world cup this way.